Who is the Controller?
The following is the main information on the processing of your personal data carried out by Lanvin SA, with headquarters at 15 rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré – 75008 Paris, Paris, Tax Code and VAT No. FR16612048629 (Lanvin), as Data Controller.
For any clarification, questions or requirements related to your privacy and the processing of your personal data, you can contact us at any time by sending a request to our Customer Care or by writing to the address of the headquarters of Lanvin.
If you wish, you can also contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), by writing to the address above, or by email to the address DPO@mail.lanvin.com.
The following is the main information on the processing of your personal data carried out by JEANNE LANVIN, a French Limited Company with a capital of 16,297,330, 00 euros, registered in the Paris Trade and Corporate Register under number 612 048 629 and located at 15 rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré – 75008 Paris (‘Lanvin’), as Data Controller.
For any clarification, question or requirement related to your privacy and the processing of your personal data you can contact us at any time by sending a request to our Customer Care.
If you wish, you can also contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) by writing to “Data Protection Officer” at the address given above, or by sending an email to DPO@mail.lanvin.com.
The personal data that Lanvin processes is what you provide to us with when you conclude an order and purchase goods, and the data that we collect as you browse or use the services offered on www.lanvin.com. The Lanvin can then collect data concerning you, such as first and last name, shipping address and billing address, browsing data, and your shopping habits.
Your personal data is processed for the following purposes:
- to enter into and execute the contract to purchase goods offered on www.lanvin.com;
- provide you with the services of www.lanvin.com such as signing up for the newsletter;
- allow registration to the Website and use of services reserved for registered users;
- manage the requests you may send to our Customer Care;
- manage recruitment requests if you send us your CV.
In the aforementioned cases, the processing of your personal data is legitimate where it is necessary to perform a contract with you or to provide you with the service you have specifically requested. We also conduct statistical surveys and analyses with data in aggregate form to understand how users interact with and use the Website, to improve our offerings and our services.
However, only with your prior express consent will we process your personal data in order to:
- conduct marketing activities;
- personalize our Website based on your interests.
Your personal data is processed by duly trained staff from our Company and other Group companies and, for organizational and functional needs related to the provision of services on www.lanvin.com, by our suppliers and by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP as website operator. The latter have been evaluated and chosen by Lanvin for their proven reliability and competence. Some of these parties may also be based in non-EU countries and, in these cases, the transfer of your personal data to these countries is carried out in compliance with the guarantees provided by law.How long do we keep your data?
We keep your personal data for a limited period of time depending on the purpose for which it was collected, after which your personal data will be deleted or otherwise irreversibly rendered anonymous. The retention period varies depending on the purpose of the processing: for example, the data collected during the purchase of goods on www.lanvin.com is processed until all administrative and accounting formalities are complete. Therefore, the respective data is kept on file in accordance with local tax law (ten years), while data used to send you our newsletter is kept on file until you ask to unsubscribe.
At any time, depending on the specific processing, you can: withdraw consent for processing, find out what personal data of yours is in our possession, its origin, and how said data is being used, request that the data be updated, corrected, or supplemented, decide what you want to do with your personal data after your death and, in the cases provided for by the current provisions, have such data deleted, limit its processing, or object thereto. If you wish, you can request to receive the personal data held by Lanvin that concerns you in a format readable by electronic devices and, where technically possible, we can transfer your data directly to a third party indicated by you.
If you believe that the processing of your personal data has been carried out illegitimately, you can file a complaint with one of the supervisory authorities responsible for compliance with the laws on personal data protection. In Italy, the complaint can be presented to the Italian Personal Data Protection Authority (www.garanteprivacy.it). In France, you can refer to the website of the French Personal Data Protection Authority, at https://www.cnil.fr/.
JEANNE LANVIN, a French Limited Company with a capital of 16,297,330, 00 euros, registered in the Paris Trade and Corporate Register under number 612 048 629 and located at 15 rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré – 75008 Paris (‘Lanvin’) is the Data Controller, namely the party which decides how and why to process your personal data.
You can always contact Lanvin by writing to the above address or writing to our Customer Care.
Lanvin has appointed a Data Protection Officer.
For any request regarding the protection of your personal data and the exercise of your rights you may contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) for Lanvin, at the address of the Data Controller above or by writing to our Customer Care.
- we collect the personal data necessary to complete and execute your purchase on www.lanvin.com, such as first and last name, email address, shipping address, billing address, telephone and payment details;
- we collect your email address when you sign up for our newsletter service;
- we process the personal data you provide us with when you contact our Customer Care to provide you with the assistance requested;
- with your consent, we collect and use your personal data for marketing communications;
- for the registration of My L we collect your first and last name, your email address, your password and your email preferences. If you are a registered user, we collect information about your access to the reserved area of the Website. In particular, we collect information on the date and time of access. With your express consent, by analyzing your personal data we can process information regarding your interests and preferences with respect to our products and services, so we can present proposals and offers in line with your tastes;
- we collect information about your browsing on www.lanvin.com, such as the pages you visit and how you interact with them, and we save this information on our servers.
We inform you that Lanvin does not process minors’ personal data. If you access www.lanvin.com and use services of Lanvin, you declare that you meet the corresponding age requirements.
Lanvin collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Entering into and performing a contract to purchase products offered on www.lanvin.com. When you purchase a product, we ask you to provide the personal data needed to allow us to finalize and perform the relevant contract, such as payment and related anti-fraud checks if you choose to pay by credit/debit card, billing, shipping of the product, and possible handling of the return.
- Registration on the Website and use of the services offered to registered users. You can register on the Website by providing some personal information, which is necessary to ensure your identification and the provision of the services offered to registered users.
- Provision of services offered on www.lanvin.com. For this purpose Lanvin needs to collect, in relation to each service and its characteristics, the personal data necessary to provide the service requested by you.
- Management of requests to our Customer Care, which uses the personal data you provide to respond to your requests for information and assistance.
- Sending of CVs. If you send us your CV to be considered for an open position, Lanvin will use the information contained in your CV exclusively for this purpose. The personal data relating to your application may be transferred to third-party providers of recruiting and application software. Your CV will be kept for a maximum period of two years , after which it will be deleted: if you want, you can of course send us a new updated version.
- Analysis and statistical surveys. We use some information about your use of the Website, mode of browsing and use of the related services, to conduct analyses and statistical surveys in order to improve our offerings and services.
- Sending marketing communications following the purchase of one of our products, so-called soft spam. Following the purchase of one of our products on the Website, we will send you, to the email address that you provided us to complete the order, commercial communications on similar products and services.
- With your express consent, we will be able to use the contact details you have provided for marketing communications on our products and services, in order to update you on news, new arrivals, exclusive products, and on our offers and promotions. In addition, always with your consent, we will be able use your contact details as part of market research and surveys for customer satisfaction in order to improve our services and the relationship with our users.
- Only with your consent, Lanvin will personalize your experience on www.lanvin.com, showing you previews and offers in line with your interests, and will send you marketing communications and personalized promotional offers. This personalization will be carried out by analyzing your previous purchases and other information described in the paragraph ‘What personal data do we collect?’. For more information on this data and on the related activities, please consult the paragraph ‘My Account’.
If you wish to authorize the activities referred to in points h) and i) but you do not wish to receive further communications from Lanvin, or you would like to limit how to be contacted, you can interrupt these communications at any time by clicking on the dedicated link “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of each communication, or accessing Account My L, or contacting Lanvin by contacting our Customer Care or by writing to the above address. We inform you that you may receive further communications from us even after submitting your request, as some further communications may have already been scheduled, and our systems may take between 24 and 48 hours to process your request.
In relation to all the activities mentioned above, we will process your personal data mainly using automated and electronic means; the tools we use guarantee high safety standards, which are in full compliance with current legislation.
When My L is created, Lanvin offers you the following services:
- Registration Details: check and edit your personal details, email address and password.
- My Orders: enter your Order Number in the space below to see the list of products you have ordered and information on their delivery status.
- Card wallet: safely store your credit card details.
- Address Book: safely store your address details to complete the order process quickly.
- Wish List: create your ideal wardrobe, a personal collection of your favorite items. Save up to 50 of your most wanted items to follow their availability and add them directly to your Shopping Bag.
With your express consent, we will be able to use the contact details you have provided for marketing communications on our products and services, in order to update you on news, new arrivals, exclusive products, and on our offers and promotions, and for market research and surveys to determine your level of satisfaction and improve the services offered. With your express consent only, Lanvin may personalize, in line with your interests, your experience and the content of commercial communications and the offers you will receive when you browse www.lanvin.com as a registered user. This allows for a more streamlined search for products and services of greatest interest to you and, at the same time, allows us to improve our offers to you. The personalization is made possible by analzying your personal data in our possession, described in the paragraph ‘What personal data do we collect?’. In particular, information on purchases you have made in the past and those relating to the sections of the Website you visit most often or the services you use most often help us to understand which products and services are most interesting for you.
To ensure that the information in our possession is correct and to allow us to properly perform the activities described above, we invite you to access the section ‘Registration Details” of My L and, if you feel it is necessary, to update it.
We only process your personal data when one of the legal bases set by the current legislation is present, and specifically:
- To finalize and perform a contract to which you are a party. When we process your data on this basis we take care to use only the minimum information necessary to perform the contract. This basis legitimizes the processing of personal data that occurs in the following activities:
- finalization and performance of a contract to purchase goods offered on www.lanvin.com;
- registration on the Website and use of the services reserved for registered users;
- supply of services offered on www.lanvin.com;
- management of your requests by our Customer Care.
It is a contractual obligation to provide your personal data for these activities. You are free to provide your data or not, but without the requested data it will not be possible to finalize or perform the contract and your requests. This means that you will not be able to purchase the products or to use the services of Lanvin and that Lanvin will not be able to process your requests.
- To follow up on a legal obligation.
When a contract is finalized to purchase goods on www.lanvin.com, user data will be processed, putting into effect the legal obligations to which Lanvin is bound. You are free to decide whether to finalize a contract and whether or not to disclose your data, but if you do finalize it, your data will be needed and will be processed, putting into effect the aforementioned legal obligations to which Lanvin is bound.
The processing of CVs sent spontaneously, to evaluate candidates with respect to a possible job position at Lanvin, is legitimate because it is expressly authorized by a legal provision, which specifies that in this case the consent of the person to whom the personal data refers to is not necessary. You are free to share with us your CV or not, but without it, we will not be able to evaluate your application for a job position at Lanvin. .
- Processing due to our legitimate interest.
Some of your personal data, if you purchase products on www.lanvin.com, will be processed to carry out anti-fraud activities: we have a legitimate interest in carrying out this activity to prevent and prosecute any fraudulent activity. For internal administrative purposes, personal data may be processed by other companies of the Group to which Lanvin belongs.
- Based on your consent.
We will carry out the following processing only if you have given us your express consent:
- marketing activities and market research and surveys;
- analysis of your browsing data and your shopping habits when you use your My L account, in order to personalize your experience on the Website.
Providing your personal data for these activities is optional. You are free to provide us with your data for these purposes, but without it, it will not be possible for Lanvin to carry out marketing activities, market research, surveys and analysis.
Your personal data will be processed by the internal staff of Lanvin specifically trained and authorized for this processing. In carrying out the processing, the data may also be transferred to other companies of the Group to which Lanvin belongs.
Your personal data may also be transferred to third parties that we use to provide our services; these parties have been adequately selected and offer a guarantee of compliance with data protection regulations. These parties have been appointed as data processors and carry out their activities according to the instructions given by Lanvin and are under its control.
The third parties in question belong to the following categories: website operator (YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP), banking operators, internet providers, IT companies, couriers, marketing companies, companies specialized in market research and analysis.
Your data may be disclosed to the law enforcement and judicial and administrative authorities, in accordance with the law, for the investigation and prosecution of crimes, the prevention and protection of threats to public security, to allow Lanvin to ascertain, exercise or defend a right in court, as well as for other reasons related to the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.
Some of the third parties listed in the paragraph ‘Who will process your data?’ may be established in countries outside the European Union which nevertheless offer an adequate level of data protection, as established by specific decisions of the European Commission (http://www.garanteprivacy.it/home/provvedimenti-normativa/normativa/normativa community-and-intentional/transfer-of-data-to-third-countries#1’).
The transfer of your personal data to countries which do not belong to the European Union and which do not ensure adequate levels of protection will be performed only after Lanvin and said parties finalize specific agreements containing safeguard clauses and appropriate guarantees for the protection of your personal data, known as “standard contractual clauses,” approved by the European Commission, or if the data transfer is necessary to finalize and perform a contract between you and Lanvin (for the purchase of goods offered on our Website, for registration on the Website or use of services on the Website) or for the management of your requests.
We keep your personal data for a limited period of time, which differs depending on the type of activity that involves the processing of your personal data. After this period, your data will be permanently erased or otherwise irreversibly rendered anonymous.
Your personal data is stored in compliance with the terms and criteria specified below:
- data collected to enter and perform contracts to purchase goods on www.lanvin.com: until the administrative and accounting formalities are finalized. The billing data will be kept for ten years from the billing date;
- data of the registered user: the data will be kept until you request cancellation of your My Account and in that case within 5 years from the last interaction of any kind by the user;
- payment details: up to the certification of the payment and to the finalization of the relative administrative and accounting formalities, due to the expiry of the right to withdraw and the terms for disputing the payment;
- data collected in the context of the use of services offered on www.lanvin.com: this data is kept until the service is terminated or the user requests to unsubscribe from the service;
- data related to requests by users to our Customer Care: the data used to assist you will be kept until the user's request has been fulfilled;
- CVs: for two years from receipt;
- data used for marketing activities for users who purchase products on www.lanvin.com (soft spam): this data is kept until termination of the service or the user's request to unsubscribe from the service, and in any case within 5 years from the last interaction of any kind by the user. This duration is justified by different consumption behaviours in the luxury sector;
- data provided for marketing activities, and market research and satisfaction surveys: up to the request by the user to interrupt the activity and in any case within two years from the last interaction of any kind by the user with Lanvin;
- data used to customize the Website and to show you customized sales offers: up to the request by the user to interrupt the activity and in any case within 13 months from the last interaction of any kind by the user with Lanvin;
In any case, for technical reasons, the termination of the processing and the subsequent definitive deletion or irreversible anonymization of the related personal data shall be effective within thirty days from the terms indicated above.
At any time you may exercise your rights in reference to the specific processing of your personal data by Lanvin. Please find below a general description of these rights and how to exercise them.
- Access your data and correct it: you have the right to access your personal data and to request that it be corrected, modified or supplemented with other information. If you wish, we will provide you with a copy of your data in our possession.
- Revoke your consent: you can revoke at any time the consent you may have given for the processing of your personal data in relation to any activity for marketing purposes. In this regard, we remind you that marketing activities are considered to be the sending of sales and promotional communications, the conducting of market research and surveys to determine the level of satisfaction and improve our services. Once we have received your request, we will promptly cease processing your personal data based on this consent, while processing which is different or based on another legal basis will continue to be carried out in full compliance with the provisions in force.
- Object to the processing of your data: you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest, explaining the reasons of your request; before accepting it, Lanvin shall evaluate the reasons of your request.
- Erasure of your data: in the cases provided for by the current legislation you can request the erasure of your personal data. After receiving and examining your request, if legitimate we will promptly cease processing and delete your personal data.
- Restriction to the processing of your personal data: in this case Lanvin will continue to store your personal data but will not process it, unless you request otherwise, or if it is per the legally required exceptions . You can obtain a restriction of processing when you dispute the accuracy of your personal data, when the processing is unlawful but you oppose deletion of your data, when the processing of your data is no longer needed but you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, and when you object to processing, pending verification of the reasons of your request.
- Receiving your data and transferring it to a party other than Lanvin (right to data portability). You can ask to receive your data that we process based on your consent or based on a standard contract with you. If you wish, where technically possible, we can transfer your data directly to a third party indicated by you.
- Decide what you want to do with your personal data after your death.
You can exercise the rights described above by accessing My L or writing to our Customer Care or writing to the address of the data controller.
In order to ensure that the data of our users is not subject to breaches or unlawful use by third parties, before accepting your request to exercise one of the rights indicated, we will ask you some information to be sure of your identity.
We protect your personal data with specific technical and organizational security measures, aimed at preventing your personal data from being used illegitimately or fraudulently. In particular, we use security measures that guarantee: the pseudonymization or encryption of your data; the confidentiality, integrity, availability of your data as well as the resilience of the systems and services that process them; the ability to restore data in the event of a data breach. In addition, Lanvin agrees to test, verify and regularly evaluate the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures in order to guarantee continuous improvement in the security of processing.
If you believe that the processing of your personal data has been carried out unlawfully, you can lodge a complaint with one of the competent supervisory authorities.
In Italy, a complaint can be addressed to the Personal Data Protection Authority. More information on how to submit a complaint is available on the website of the Personal Data Protection Authority, at www.garanteprivacy.it. In France, you can refer to the website of the French Personal Data Protection Authority, at https://www.cnil.fr/.
We therefore invite you to periodically check the content: where possible, we will try to inform you promptly of any changes made and their consequences.
The processing of your personal data is carried out by Lanvin in full compliance with the provision provided by (EU) Regulation 2016/679, General Data Protection Regulation, the French Data Protection Act, the measures of the French supervisory authority (http://www.cnil.fr ), and, if applicable, measures of the competent foreign supervisory authorities.
Last updated 5/2018