Who is the Holder?
The following is the main information on the processing of your personal data carried out by Lanvin SA, with headquarters at 15 rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré – 75008 Paris, Paris, Tax Code and VAT no. FR16612048629 (Lanvin), as Data Controller.
For any clarification, questions or requirements related to your privacy and the processing of your personal data, you can contact us at any time by sending a request to our Customer Care or by writing to the address of the headquarters of Lanvin.
If you wish, you can also contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), by writing to the address above, or by email to the address DPO@mail.lanvin.com.
The following is the main information on the processing of your personal data carried out by JEANNE LANVIN, a French Limited Company with a capital of 16,297,330, 00 Euros, registered in the Paris Trade and Corporate Register under number 612 048 629 and located at 15 rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré – 75008 Paris (‘Lanvin’), as Data Controller.
For any clarification, question or requirement related to your privacy and the processing of your personal data you can contact us at any time by sending a request to our Customer Care.
If you wish, you can also contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) by writing to “Data Protection Officer” at the address given above, or by sending an email to DPO@mail.lanvin.com.
The personal data that Lanvin processes are those that you provide to us with when you conclude an order and purchase goods, and those that we collect as you browse or use the services offered on www.lanvin.com. The Lanvin can then collect about you data such as given name and surname, shipping address and billing address, browsing data and your shopping habits.
Your personal data are processed for the following purposes:
- to enter into and execute the purchase contract for goods offered on www.lanvin.com;
- provide you with the services of www.lanvin.com such as signing up for the newsletter;
- allow registration to the Website and use of services reserved for registered users;
- manage the requests you may send to our Customer Care;
- manage recruitment requests if you send us your CV.
In the aforementioned cases, the processing of your personal data is legitimate where it is necessary to execute a contract with you or to provide you with the service you have specifically requested. We also conduct statistical surveys and analyses with data in aggregate form to understand how users interact with and use the Website, to improve our offering and our services.
Only with your prior express consent instead, we process your personal data in order to:
- carry out marketing activities;
- personalise the Website on the basis of your interests.
Your personal data is processed by duly trained staff of our Company and other Group companies and, for organisational and functional needs related to the provision of services on www.lanvin.com, by our suppliers and by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP as site operator. The latter have been evaluated and chosen by Lanvin for their proven reliability and competence. Some of these parties may also be based in non-EU countries and, in these cases, the transfer of your personal data to these countries is carried out in compliance with the guarantees provided by law.How long do we keep your data?
We keep your personal data for a limited period of time depending on the purpose for which they were collected, at the end of which your personal data will be deleted or otherwise irreversibly rendered anonymous. The retention period varies depending on the purpose of the processing: for example, the data collected during the purchase of goods on www.lanvin.com are processed until the finalisation of all administrative and accounting formalities, so they are filed in accordance with local tax law (ten years), while those used to send you our newsletter are filed until you ask to be unsubscribed.
At any time, depending on the specific processing, you can: withdraw consent for processing, know what personal data of yours are in our possession, their origin and how they are used, request their updating, correction or integration, decide what you want to do of your personal data after your death and, in the cases provided for by the provisions in force, their deleting, limitation of processing or object their processing. If you wish, you can request to receive the personal data held by Lanvin that concern you in a format readable by electronic devices and, where technically possible, we can transfer your data directly to a third party indicated by you.
If you believe that the processing of your personal data has been carried out illegitimately, you can file a complaint with one of the supervisory authorities responsible for compliance with the laws on personal data protection. In Italy, the complaint can be presented to the Guarantor for personal data protection (www.garanteprivacy.it). In France, you can refer to the website of the Guarantor for personal data protection, at https://www.cnil.fr/.
This notice may undergo changes and additions over time, so we invite you to periodically check its content. Where possible, we will try to promptly inform you of any changes made.
JEANNE LANVIN, a French Limited Company with a capital of 16,297,330, 00 Euros, registered in the Paris Trade and Corporate Register under number 612 048 629 and located at 15 rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré – 75008 Paris (‘Lanvin’) is the Data Controller, namely the party which decides how and why to process your personal data.
You can always contact Lanvin by writing to the above address or writing to our Customer Care.
Lanvin has appointed a Data Protection Officer.
If you wish, for any request regarding the protection of your personal data and the exercise of your rights you can contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) for Lanvin, at the address of the Data Controller above or by writing to our Customer Care.
- we collect the personal data necessary to complete and execute your purchase on www.lanvin.com such as given name and surname, email address, shipping address, billing address, telephone and payment details;
- we collect your email address when you sign up for our newsletter service;
- we process the personal data you provide us with when you contact our Customer Care to provide you with the assistance requested;
- with your consent, we collect and use your personal data for marketing communications;
- for the registration of My L we collect your given name and surname, your email address, your password and your email preferences. If you are a registered user, we collect information about your access to the reserved area of the Website. In particular, we collect information on the date and time of access. With your express consent, through the analysis of your personal data we can process information regarding your interests and preferences with respect to our products and services in order to present proposals and offers in line with your tastes;
- we collect information about your browsing on www.lanvin.com, such as the pages you visit and how you interact with them and we save this information on our servers.
We inform you that Lanvin does not process minors’ personal data. If you access www.lanvin.com and use sevices of Lanvin, you declare that you are full age.
Lanvin collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Entering into and executing the purchase contract for products offered on www.lanvin.com. When you purchase a product we ask you for the personal data necessary to allow the activities for finalising and executing the relevant contract, as payment and related anti-fraud checks if you choose to pay by credit/debit card, billing, shipping of the product and possible handling of the return.
- Registration on the Website and use of the services offered to registered users. Registration on the Website is possible through the inclusion of some personal information, necessary to ensure your identification and the provision of the services offered to registered users.
- Provision of services offered on www.lanvin.com. For this purpose Lanvin needs to collect, in relation to each service and its characteristics, the personal data necessary for the provision of the service requested by you.
- Management of requests to our Customer Care, that uses the personal data you provide to respond to your requests for information and assistance.
- Sending of CVs. If you send us your CV to be considered for an open position, Lanvin will use the information contained in your CV exclusively for this purpose. The personal data relating to your application may be transferred to third-party providers of recruiting and application software. Your CV will be kept for a maximum period of two years , after which it will be deleted: if you want, you can of course send us a new updated version.
- Analysis and statistical surveys. We use some information about your use of the Website, mode of browsing and use of the related services, to conduct analyses and statistical surveys in order to improve our offering and our services.
- Sending marketing communications following the purchase of one of our products, so-called soft spam. Following the purchase of one of our products on the Website, we will send you, to the email address that you provided us for the conclusion of the order, commercial communications on similar products and services.
- With your express consent, we will be able to use the contact details you have provided for marketing communications on our products and services, in order to update you on news, new arrivals, exclusive products, and on our offers and promotions. In addition, always with your consent, we will be able use your contact details as part of market research and surveys for customer satisfaction in order to improve our services and the relationship with our users.
- Only with your consent, Lanvin will personalise your experience on www.lanvin.com, showing you previews and offers in line with your interests and will send you marketing communications and personalised promotional offers. The personalisation will be carried out by analysing your previous purchases and other information described in the paragraph ‘What personal data do we collect?’. For more information on this data and on the related activities, please consult the paragraph ‘My Account’.
If you wish to authorise the activities referred to in points h) and i) and then you do not wish to receive further communications from Lanvin or you would like to limit how to be contacted, you can interrupt these communications at any time by clicking on the dedicated link “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of each communication, or accessing Account My L, or contacting Lanvin by contacting our Customer Care or by writing to the above address. We inform you that you may receive further communications from us even after submitting your request, as some further communications may have already been planned, our systems may take between 24 and 48 hours to process your request.
In relation to all the activities mentioned above, we will process your personal data mainly using automated and electronic means; the tools we use guarantee high safety standards, in full compliance with current legislation.
On the occasion of the creation of My L Lanvin offers you the following services:
- Registration Details: check and edit your personal details, email address and password.
- My Orders: enter your Order Number in the space below to see the list of products you have ordered and information on their delivery status.
- Card wallet: safely store your credit card details.
- Address Book: safely store your address details to complete the order process quickly.
- Wish List: create your ideal wardrobe, a personal collection of your favourite items. Save up to 50 of your most wanted items to follow their availability and add them directly to your Shopping Bag.
With your express consent, we will be able to use the contact details you have provided for marketing communications on our products and services, in order to update you on news, new arrivals, exclusive products, and on our offers and promotions, and for market research and surveys to determine your level of satisfaction and improve the services offered. Only with your express consent, Lanvin will be able to personalise, in line with your interests, your experience and the content of commercial communications and the offers you will receive when you browse www.lanvin.com as a registered user. This activity allows you better to streamline the search for products and services of greatest interest to you and, at the same time, allows us to improve our offers to you. The personalisation is made possible by the analysis of your personal data in our possession, described in the paragraph ‘What personal data do we collect?’. In particular, information on purchases you have made in the past and those relating to the sections of the Website you visit most often or the services you use most often help us to understand which products and services are more interesting for you.
To ensure that the information in our possession is correct and that allow us to perform properly the activities described above, we invite you to access the section ‘Registration Details” of My L and, if you feel it is necessary, to update it.
We only process your personal data in the presence of one of the legal basis set by the current legislation, and specifically:
- For the finalisation and execution of a contract to which you are a party. When we process your data on this basis we take care to use only the minimum information necessary to execute the contract. This basis legitimises the processing of personal data that takes place in the following activities:
- finalisation and execution of a contract for the purchase of goods offered on www.lanvin.com;
- registration on the Website and use of the services reserved for registered users;
- supply of services offered on www.lanvin.com;
- management of your requests by our Customer Care.
The provision of your personal data for these activities is a contractual obligation. You are free to communicate your data or not, but in the absence of the requested data it will not be possible to finalise or execute the contract and your requests. This means that you will not be able to purchase the products and to use the services of Lanvin and that Lanvin will not be able to process your requests.
- To follow up on a legal obligation.
In case of finalisation of a contract for the purchase of goods on www.lanvin.com, the processing of user data will take place to give effect to the legal obligations to which Lanvin is bound. You are free to decide whether to finalise a contract and whether or not to disclose your data, but if you finalise it your data will be necessary and will be processed to give effect to the aforementioned legal obligations to which Lanvin is bound.
The processing of CVs sent spontaneously, carried out in order to evaluate candidates with respect to a possible job position at Lanvin, is legitimate because it is expressly authorised by a law provision, that specifies that in this case the consent of the person to whom the personal data refer to is not necessary. You are free to share with us your CV or not, but in its absence we will not be able to evaluate your application for a job position at Lanvin. .
- Due to our legitimate interest.
Some of your personal data in the event of purchase of products on www.lanvin.com will be processed to carry out anti-fraud activities: we have a legitimate interest in carrying out this activity to prevent and prosecute any fraudulent activity. For internal administrative purposes, personal data may be processed by other companies of the Group to which Lanvin belongs.
- Based on your consent.
We will carry out the following processing only if you have given us your express consent:
- marketing activities and market research and surveys;
- analysis of your browsing data and your shopping habits in the occasion of the use of your account My L, in order to personalise your experience on the Website.
The provision of your personal data for these activities is optional. You are free to provide us with your data for these purposes, but in their absence it will not be possible for Lanvin to carry out marketing activities, market research, surveys and analysis.
Your personal data will be processed by the internal staff of Lanvin specifically trained and authorised for this processing. In carrying out the processing, the data may also be transferred to other companies of the Group to which Lanvin belongs.
Your personal data may also be transferred to third parties that we use to provide our services; these parties have been adequately selected and offer a guarantee of compliance with data protection regulations. These parties have been appointed as data processor and carry out their activities according to the instructions given by Lanvin and under its control.
The third parties in question belong to the following categories: site operator (YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP), banking operators, internet providers, IT companies, couriers, marketing companies, companies specialised in market research and analysis.
Your data may be disclosed to the law enforcement and judicial and administrative authorities, in accordance with the law, for the investigation and prosecution of crimes, the prevention and protection from threats to public security, to allow Lanvin to ascertain, exercise or defend a right in court, as well as for other reasons related to the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.
Some of the third parties listed in the paragraph ‘Who will process your data?’ may be established in countries outside the European Union which nevertheless offer an adequate level of data protection, as established by specific decisions of the European Commission (http://www.garanteprivacy.it/home/provvedimenti-normativa/normativa/normativa community-and-intentional/transfer-of-data-to-third-countries#1’).
The transfer of your personal data to countries which do not belong to the European Union and which do not ensure adequate levels of protection will be performed only after the finalisation between Lanvin and said parties of specific agreements containing safeguard clauses and appropriate guarantees for the protection of your personal data, known as “standard contractual clauses”, approved by the European Commission, or if the data transfer is necessary for the finalisation and execution of a contract between you and Lanvin (for the purchase of goods offered on our Website, for registration on the Website or use of services on the Website) or for the management of your requests.
We keep your personal data for a limited period of time, which differs depending on the type of activity that involves the processing of your personal data. After this period, your data will be permanently erased or otherwise irreversibly rendered anonymous.
Your personal data are stored in compliance with the terms and criteria specified below:
- data collected to conclude and execute contracts for the purchase of goods on www.lanvin.com: until the administrative and accounting formalities are finalised. The billing data will be kept for ten years from the billing date;
- data of the registered user: the data will be kept until you request cancellation of your My Account and in case within 5 years from the last interaction of any kind by the user;
- payment details: up to the certification of the payment and to the finalisation of the relative administrative and accounting formalities, consequent to the expiry of the right to withdraw and the terms for the contestation of the payment;
- data collected in the context of the use of services offered on www.lanvin.com: these data are kept until the termination of the service or the request of unsubscription to the service by the user;
- data related to requests by users to our Customer Care: the data used to assist you will be kept until the request of the user is satisfied;
- CVs: for two years from receipt;
- data used for marketing activities for users who purchase product on www.lanvin.com (soft spam): these data are kept until the termination of the service or the request of unsubscription to the service by the user and in any case within 5 years from the last interaction of any kind by the user. This duration is justified by different consumption behaviours in the luxury sector;
- data provided for marketing activities and market research and satisfaction surveys: up to the request by the user to interrupt the activity and in any case within two years from the last interaction of any kind by the user with Lanvin;
- data used to customise the Website and to show you customised sales offers: up to the request by the user to interrupt the activity and in any case within 13 months from the last interaction of any kind by the user with Lanvin;
In any case, for technical reasons, the termination of the processing and the subsequent definitive deletion or irreversible anonymisation of the related personal data shall be effective within thirty days from the terms indicated above.
At any time you may exercise your rights with reference to the specific processing of your personal data by Lanvin. Please find below a general description of these rights and how to exercise them.
- Access your data and rectify it: you have the right to access your personal data and to request that they are correct, modified or supplemented with other information. If you wish, we will provide you with a copy of your data in our possession.
- Revoke your consent: you can revoke at any time the consent you may have given for the processing of your personal data in relation to any activity for marketing purposes. In this regard, we remind you that marketing activities are considered to be the sending of sales and promotional communications, the conducting of market research and surveys to determine the level of satisfaction and improve our services. Once we have received your request, we will promptly cease the processing of your personal data based on this consent, while processing which is different or based on other legal basis will continue to be carried out in full compliance with the provisions in force.
- Object to the processing of your data: you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest, explaining the reasons of your request; before accepting it, Lanvin shall evaluate the reasons of your request.
- Erasure of your data: in the cases provided for by the current legislation you can request the erasure of your personal data. After receiving and examining your request, if legitimate we will promptly cease processing and delete your personal data.
- Restriction of the processing of your personal data: in this case Lanvin will continue to store your personal data but will not process them, unless your different request or under the exceptions required by law. You can obtain the restriction of processing when you contest the accuracy of your personal data, when the processing is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of your data, when the processing of your data is no longer needed but you need them for establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and when you object to processing pending the verification of the reasons of your request.
- Receiving your data and transferring it to a party other than Lanvin (right to data portability). You can ask to receive your data that we process based on your consent or on the basis of a contract with you in a standard format. If you wish, where technically possible, we can transfer your data directly to a third party indicated by you.
- Decide what you want to do of your personal data after your death .
You can exercise the rights described above by accessing My L or writing to our Customer Care or writing to the address of the data controller.
In order to ensure that the data of our users are not subject to breaches or unlawful use by third parties, before accepting your request to exercise one of the rights indicated, we will ask you some information to be sure of your identity.
We protect your personal data with specific technical and organisational security measures, aimed to prevent your personal data from being used unlawfully or fraudulently. In particular, we use security measures which ensure: the pseudonymisation or encryption of personal data; confidentiality, integrity, availability of your data and the resilience of processing systems and services; the ability to restore personal data in case of data breach. Furthermore, Lanvin undertakes to regularly test, assess and evaluate the effectiveness of technical and organisational measures for ensuring the security of the processing.
If you believe that the processing of your personal data has been carried out unlawfully, you can lodge a complaint with one of the competent supervisory authorities.
In Italy, the complaint can be addressed to the Guarantor for personal data protection. More information on how to present it is available on the website of the Guarantor for personal data protection, at www.garanteprivacy.it. In France, you can refer to the website of the Guarantor for personal data protection, at https://www.cnil.fr/.
We therefore invite you to periodically check the content: where possible, we will try to inform you promptly of any changes made and their consequences.
The processing of your personal data is carried out by Lanvin in full compliance with the provision provided by Regulation (EU) 2016/679, General Data Protection Regulation, the french data protection law , the measures of the French supervisory authority (http://www.cnil.fr ), and, if applicable, of the competent foreign supervisory authorities.
Last updated 5/2018